ONLY Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 1st Edition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is for Fans of AD&D 1st Edition

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Isn't if Funny . . . . . .

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mordenkainen
Arch Mage (Admin)
Arch Mage (Admin)
Mordenkainen

Isn't if Funny . . . . . . Empty
PostSubject: Isn't if Funny . . . . . .   Isn't if Funny . . . . . . EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 2:04 pm

Reading the Posts of the 4th Edition Group over at Various RPG Groups (Including Facebook adn the Wizbro Forums), a LOT of them are along the lines of (and these are direct qoutes).

Quote :
I just started playing with my 4 year old Son this week
Quote :
I gm, my wife plays a mage, my 10 year old son plays a warlock rogue, and my 4 year old daughter plays a cleric.
Quote :
My 7 yr-old son and 9 yr-old daughter have played
Those are but three . . . .

The message there to me is that they have DUMBED DOWN the fucking rules a Kindergardener can play them!

I have spent a considerable amount of time defending my hobbies and passions - people taking the piss, saying "its for kids" I FINALLY after umpteen years get the respect for the hobby it deserves when bloody WankBro make 4th Edition (not) DnD so damn simple and childish little kids can play it!

It might be a Game/Hobby that appeals to all age-groups, but its NOT a Kiddyfied Family Hobby!

This sort of "Teach my 5 year old to play (not) DnD" is going to be damaging to the hobby for us older gamers - just wait and see.

Thanks a lot you bunch of fucking WANKERS!
Back to top Go down
https://only-adnd-1st-ed.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Isn't if Funny . . . . . .   Isn't if Funny . . . . . . EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 3:35 pm

Just wait till those ugly brats are pitted up against a 33rd level barbed devil ass-rapist,that's a new class in 4th edition,ya know ass-rapist?

It's what happens when priests of tyr start molesting alter boys and get sent to hell for it after they die.Sorta like the anti-paladin,but gayer.
Back to top Go down
Mordenkainen
Arch Mage (Admin)
Arch Mage (Admin)
Mordenkainen

PostSubject: Re: Isn't if Funny . . . . . .   Isn't if Funny . . . . . . EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 3:36 pm

I know it shouldn't, but its really REALLY pissed me off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Isn't if Funny . . . . . .   Isn't if Funny . . . . . . EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:45 pm

Why shoulnt it piss you off. I think that it should. Those guys, the 4e-ers love to tell us and everybody else how simplistic and stupid and "retarded" the Old School is...and they are playing a game with the intellectual equivilance of Candyland!

yeah, rage on, my friend, rage on.

Mr. Roper
Back to top Go down
Mordenkainen
Arch Mage (Admin)
Arch Mage (Admin)
Mordenkainen

PostSubject: Re: Isn't if Funny . . . . . .   Isn't if Funny . . . . . . EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:48 pm

Thanks Mr R. - you're a gent.

Candyland - LoL!

Its the Hasbro marketing coming through - make it accessible to kids and the parents will pay through the nose for it - I hate them!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Isn't if Funny . . . . . .   Isn't if Funny . . . . . . EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 5:54 pm

I want them to "dumb-down" the names so that it is family friendly.

Barbed Devil > Pokey Scowlface
Malconthet > Naughty Monster Queen
Gelugon > Frosted Spear Mantis Man
Motherfucking Traitor > Bruce Cordell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Isn't if Funny . . . . . .   Isn't if Funny . . . . . . EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 8:36 pm

Never read nor ran anything he's done...mainly cause his name vaugly reminds me of a chocolate covered cherry...only this one's covered in peanutty shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Isn't if Funny . . . . . .   Isn't if Funny . . . . . . Empty

Back to top Go down

Isn't if Funny . . . . . .
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ONLY Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 1st Edition :: WizBro Comments-
Jump to: