ONLY Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 1st Edition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is for Fans of AD&D 1st Edition

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Angry Rant

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Angry Rant Empty
PostSubject: Angry Rant   Angry Rant EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:11 pm

I hear the argument that wotc is just trying to make money. That's fine, but do not look me in the fucking eyes and tell me that is not what they are trying to do. 4E apologists are just eager to alleviate their own guilt for betraying a great game.

I believe that 3.5, Pathfinder, and 4E are all the same game with the same problems. It is no longer about the character, it is about the numbers that make you good at combat. Pathfinder is like 4E with Sacred Cow.

Even the world setting, Golarion, is about "anything works all the time." The reason to play an Elf is for the Intelligence bonus, not because you want to play an elf.

I have always maintained that what is not written down on the character sheet is the most important information. Fuck off 4E does not even require character sheets. Somehow I think that is not because they do not like limiting the players to what is on their sheets and is more for because writing "is not fun" and they sell cards with all the same shit on them.

Fucking bastard. Did you see the red box? They are packaging a 4E starter set in the 83' red box! They had the Elmore art on the cover, but I cannot imagine he'd let them use it, so they have since changed it to a stupid-fucking red dragon by Wayne Reynolds.

Wayne Reynolds, btw, can actually draw and paint well, his style with 4E and Pathfinder are just balls.
Back to top Go down

Angry Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angry Rant   Angry Rant EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:15 pm

And god bless Larry Elmore!
Back to top Go down
Mordenkainen
Arch Mage (Admin)
Arch Mage (Admin)
Mordenkainen

Angry Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angry Rant   Angry Rant EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:17 pm

Amen!